Skip to content
- Provide leadership that results in a safe working culture, be responsible and accountable for the safety of the crew under his/her direction.
- Knowing, understanding, communicating and ensuring compliance with the OHSA, New York City Department of Building codes and company safety policies and procedures.
- Facilitate mandatory safety toolbox meetings and participate in safety/incident investigations.
- Ensuring completion of initial safety and job hazard assessments.
- Ensuring that vehicle and equipment checks are carried out.
- Inspect, assesses, and report on construction contractor safety programs and sanitary conditions at project sites to ensure OBO safety and health requirements are being properly implemented.
- Provides advice and direction to project manager and engineer at project sites to ensure continuity throughout the project cycle.
- Ensure compliance with all health and safety standards by local, state and federal agencies through the development of on-site assessments and monitoring programs.
- Perform and coordinate company and federally regulated drug testing.
- Provide employees with the knowledge and resources necessary for health and safety awareness by coordinating continued education classes.
- Complete new hire orientation, drug testing and arrange post-offer pre-work screens.
- Perform investigations of safety incidents to assist with the development of employee injury prevention programs; monitor program effectiveness and make adjustments as necessary.
- Skill in examining and re-engineering operations, procedures, formulating policy, and implementing safety procedures.
- Create a Site Safety Plan, MPT Plan, Construction Accident Prevention Plans (CAPP), and their implementation.
- Skill in performing on-site health and safety inspections by ensuring compliance with OSHA & NYC DOB.
- Report all Safety issues directly to the President.
- Must have a 40-hour Site Safety Manager Course Certificate issued by NYC DOB.
- Must have a 30-hour OSHA, Fire Safety, and Scaffolding Certification.
- Must have outstanding interpersonal communication skills, community relations skills and the ability to communicate effectively within a diverse community.
- Must have the ability to develop, implement and enforce safety protocols through proper documentation.
- Must have an excellent record-keeping ability that is to maintain good records of all safety-related activities.
- Must have knowledge of OSHA standards and regulations pertaining to the specific trade or activity being managed.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.